Shredder Auto Reverse
Cheap and simple solution to add auto-reverse to your shredder. It uses a proximity sensor, an Arduino and a relay to control a VFD (inverter). This is currently alpha and a number of new features will be added in the next week.
Wire Diagram – 24V Version with IR sensor
- Download source code or Zip from Github
- Open with Arduino IDE the auto-reverse/auto-reverse.ino file
- Upload to Arduino UNO
There are a number of variables which may not fit to your setup. You may increase the the timeout threshold of the sensor. By default this is set to 3000ms (3 seconds). Here are the variables.
- please make sure everything is grounded and wired as described. It’s easy to destroy any of the components
- please make sure the shredder box is covered by something
- for testing, please move the proximity a little away just
Next / Todos
Add temperature sensor to recognize motor overheating: done Add alarm sound: done
- Add LCD & Touchpad to adjust settings
- Evaluate VFD’s error signal and/or absence of the inverter
- Update documentation for commercial and safe version
- Update documentation for Amazon links