Filament making for DIYers
Filament making and Precious Plastic
There is currently no evidence yet that the Precious Plastic extruder can make filament yet. However, there are efforts in the community, please check forum links :
Not filament but this here prints recycled pellets.
Or use forum search ‘filament‘.
Other remarks :
- The wood auger drill is simply unfitted as reported multiple times in the forum
- Please check Dave Hakken’s filament maker mile
- Extruding PET requires a twin screw
- Very precise forming and temperature (fans) regulators needed
- Bazar link to LDPE filament
- Official statement from Precious Plastic Eindhoven is outstanding
- Our partners 3dseed say that you better grind plastic down to dust and then print it right away. The only real suitable plastic type is PET which requires you to have a good shredder (with grinder) in place
- the only candidate for 3D print is PET, ABS or PLA. All the other materials are hard to print or unfitted for most applications
- vanplestik.nl managed to print larger diameter of PET